CALL FOR KNOWLEDGE PROPOSALS - SPRING 2015
PPIAF announced the winners of the first successful submissions under the Spring 2015 PPIAF Call for Knowledge Proposals on July 7, 2015. The response to the Call exceeded expectations and a large number of strong proposals from internal (WBG) and external applicants were received. Thirty proposals were submitted, with a total funding request of $5.5 million. A funding envelop of $1 million was available under the call.
Shortlisted proposals were evaluated by an independent Selection Committee, which was composed of members from Global Practices, IFC, PPIAF and independent members. Proposals were evaluated based on the following selection criteria: alignment with PPIAF’s FY15-17 strategy; methodology; value for money; target audience; innovative approach; outcomes; and implementation plan.
PPIAF inviited proposals for knowledge activities under the following topics:
- Experiences of private sector participation in infrastructure in low-capacity and unstable environments
- Evaluating the effectiveness of PPP authorities in developing countries, including authorities that have received PPIAF-funded technical assistance
- Effective enabling environments for promoting green infrastructure PPPs, including the policy, regulatory, and project development, and implementation phases
- Policy and regulatory support necessary to enable pro-poor targets in PPPs
- Risk mitigation and credit enhancement mechanisms to attract innovative long-term financing and structuring for PPPs
- Building municipal credit markets for infrastructure financing in Africa
The proposals selected to receive funding from the Spring 2015 Call for Knowledge Proposals are listed below under the heading Activities: